Senior year was an absolute whirlwind. They aren’t lying when they say it goes by in the blink of an eye. Honestly, I was too stressed all the time. It was TOUGH, even until the very end. With 3 AP classes, a varsity sport, running the school paper, planning for retreats I was leading, among countless other things that were going on in my life, applying to colleges and deciding where to go added a ton more stress on my already crazy day-to-day life.
I ended up applying to 9 schools: University of Minnesota, Indiana University, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Marquette University, Loyola University-Chicago, George Washington University, St. Thomas University, University of Dayton, and University of Maryland. I got accepted into 8 of those and waitlisted at 1 of them, which was very exciting after the hours of completing essays and applications.
After a couple months of going back and forth, I finally decided in February that I will be attending the UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MADISON in the fall!
Now, I have grown up in a household where I was taught to be completely anti-Wisconsin for as long as I remember. You won’t find a single piece of spirit wear anywhere in my house. However, after weighing all my options and all of the circumstances, it was obvious that UW-Madison was the right school for me.
I’m still not completely sure what I want to study. Right now I am leaning toward a double major in political science and communications.
As for other aspects about college, I’m hopeful to join a sorority and enjoy the social aspect of college, but I’m also prepared to work really hard and continue to get good grades and do service when I get to Madison.
I am beyond excited for this next chapter in my life, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to go to this school, as well as for my parents, teachers, friends and so many other people who have gotten me to this point. ON WISCONSIN!
How did you decide where to go to college? Any advice for me as I start this next step in my life?
After a long, long break from blogging (about a year and a half to be exact), I decided that now would be the perfect time to come back to it!
SO MUCH has changed in my life in a year and a half, and as I’m sitting down to write this, there is so much I wish I would have blogged about in that year and a half.
SUPER BRIEFLY here is what has happened:
1. I graduated high school! I’m headed to college in the fall!
2. I got the amazing opportunity to go to Italy over spring break with my Latin class.
3. I’ve had a ton of milestones in my last year of high school including my last swim meet, last couple dances, and some of the greatest high school memories with my amazing friends.
4. Last summer I attended 2 journalism institutes (one at Georgetown University and another at Marquette University) and I served as editor-in-chief for my school’s newspaper, but I’m not planning on doing anything with journalism anymore in college. I change my mind every day on what I want to do with my life, but that’s okay.
5. I’ve learned a lot about friendship and relationships in this past year, which may not have always been the easiest, but I’m very happy with where I am in my life right now.
Stay tuned for more posts and updates about my life! I’m glad to be back and I really hope to start blogging regularly again!